32 Flavors And Then Some...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Summer of 84

I used to sit by the seashore
Yes I did
Long Long ago

The summer of 84
I remember those days of yore
Yes I do
long long ago

I was only six, sweet, and naive
and the wind used to play peek-a-boo
with my bleachy golden locks

I was a child of the sea
Princess of Aquarius, I was an innocent
arrangement of love

I was bore from the passion
of two young lovers who made
love in the depths of the seas

My friends the waves
would wrap their tremendous cerulean arms
around me and caress me tenderly

I remember how peacefully
they crept up behind my back
and gently tapped my shoulder, but now
they have left no trace of their existence
I guess because I am older

My friend the Japanese princess
well she has dissapeared too
She ran away and married Adonis in the giant
sand castle we created

I wrote my name once in
the sand back in the summer of 84
but like a giant eraser
the waves have washed it away
along with those golden days of yore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home