32 Flavors And Then Some...

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Decisions Decisions

Back from ATL. I had the time of my life. I got an agent and a good one. It took some work but I got in the door. First I called them before going to Atlanta and even mentioned my friend's name who is with them but they still said to mail them my materials. Then I e-mailed them with my website and told them I would be in Atlanta in case they had time to see me. Heard Nothing. Then Jennifer(mom's friend) took me by the agency and after waiting about 45 minutes they met with me and told me they were very interested in representing me. They want me to be exclusive but I'm not going to do that because then I couldn't be represented by anyone else. They said I have a good commercial look and that I could do print modeling also. They send talent to audition for One Tree Hill so that is a big plus. Jennifer wants me to move to Atlanta and stay with her rent free. I am highly considering it and then I could move to L.A in June or July. My mom is trying to be supportive but she doesn't get it and she keeps saying things that really hurt but I'm trying to take it lightly. She said to me this morning that she is skeptical about all of this and that I have been doing this for years and I haven't gotten anywhere. That hurt but I ignored it. I told her I have never had an agent really and that everything I have done is on my own and non-union. At least with an agent I can audition for Union stuff. I auditioned for "Bled White" while there. I want this role so badly. I totally get the character. After I read for them and did a screen test the director thanked me and told me that my work was incredible. I hope that means something good. They auditioned me early because they knew I didn't live in Atlanta. The real auditions are March 11th so I have to wait until then to find out. I will find out tommorow if I got cast in "Freakin Funny", another indie project which films for a day in Atlanta. I'm not taking the pre-school job. I'm telling them on Monday. I'm going to babysit and hostess and do other odd jobs so that I can do this. Jennifer is a blessing. I thank God for bringing her back into my life. She is so supportive and really cheering me on and I need that. I know I can do this. I just have to have Faith in myself and the man upstairs. I'm going into all of this blindly but I keep comparing it to Daniel and The Lions. He went into the Lion Den scared to death but he had faith that God would take care of him and he did. That's the way I'm trying to look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home