32 Flavors And Then Some...

Friday, November 11, 2005

Positive Energy

I update my blog alot I realized but I have alot to say. Today was a really awesome day. I don't normally have really awesome days so I have to document this one. I just got off or work. I worked from 8:30 am until about 9:45 tonight. So your wondering how I could have an awesome day if all I have been doing is working. Well I taught a Waddlers class today which is of course the babies that have just started walking. I think it goes from like 11mos to 1 and 1/2 or something. Anyways I just felt like this Wow! factor. I just thought to myself...."look what I'm doing with these kids". We also had parents night out. This is the reason I worked so late today. I didn't have to stay. I could have gotten off of work at 6:30 but I chose to stay and play as I see it. Everybody is always telling me I have some kind of effect on children which I know I do but I never really realized fully until tonight. Children I don't know usually flock to me. Why I could'nt tell you. I think it's because I flirt with them. Not like you would with someone your attracted too or anything but in a different way. I gain their trust so to speak. Tonight I really saw what I guess would be described as my gift or talent. This one little girl was being such a (God forgive me:BRAT). She was biting teachers, hitting, just plain attitude. She's 5 years old. When a child displays this type of behavior I immediately pin it down to psychology. Something is not right with her outside of this place. I later learned she is the baby of three children but the middle child(her sister) is disabled. She can't walk or talk or do anything. Bingo! This little girl doesn't get the attention she needs at home. It's all going to the child with special needs. Solution to the problem. First I ignored her completely and then when she calmed down I eventually gained her trust. I took her in the other room and proceeded to make animals out of play-doh and wewatercolored. The first thing I did was write her name "Angel" on a piece of paper and decorate it with lots of color. "I made this for you" I said to her. "For me" she said. "Yes for you". Her eyes got so big. Thank You. I was her best friend the rest of the night. From that moment on she was a complete "Angel" (no pun intended) until she peed in her pants later. Another child who came in is 7 and overweight. He's taking the gym classes to help with his self-esteem. He is such a sweetheart too. Poor thing went to sit in a chair made for small children and fell out of it. Instead of making a big deal about it I just said something like "Don't lean back in the chair Silly". He just smiled and that was that. When he realized that his size was not an issue to me he became so confident around the other children and he had a great time the rest of the night. I could go on and on about the kids. His sister is 3. Shy as a little lamb. She wouldn't talk to me but she just wanted to hold my hand all night. And then there is Riley. She's 5. Looks just like my little sis Jayme. Riley has been so clingy in class. She loves me so much but it's hard to teach the class when she's hanging on my leg. She has a constant need for affection. I just found out that Riley's Dad died 2 months ago. It all makes sense now. So many different cases and I have helped all of them in so many ways. My problems seem minimal now. These children mean the world to me and I feel so ashamed of myself for being so self-centered about my happiness. God has given me so many talents and I have not been as grateful as I should be. Time to turn my negativety into positive energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home