32 Flavors And Then Some...

Sunday, September 11, 2005

WTC 9/11

Today is September 11,2005. On September 11, 2001 I lived in New York City. Luckily I was home in Augusta visiting my parents on that terrible day. I will never forget watching the events unfold on t.v. I just wanted to remember all those people that died that day and all the heroes who risked their lives to save them. It will be something I will never forget. I remember driving back to New York and going through Washington and seeing the pentegon and then driving on the jersey side and seeing the smoke pouring out from where the WTC once stood. I heard many stories that touched my heart when I returned to my job on the UWS two days after the attacks. The city was so quiet, so eerie. New York will always be a second home to me. I feel like it is everyone's city. I knew what it meant to be American on that day and for the first time in my short life I realized what it meant to have pride for my country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home